LiveUpdate sessions on Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 12.1 RU1 End with LU1832, LU1825, or LU1806 errors
|Article:TECH185071|||||Created: 2012-03-28|||||Updated: 2013-01-11|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185071|
It is reported that the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) clients are not updating the definitions correctly. Review of the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager ‘s (SEPM) Log.LiveUpdate shows many LUXXXX errors when decompressing the various downloads.
Symantec Endpoint Protection version 12.1 RU1
Windows 2008 R2
These errors can be caused if the LiveUpdate (LU) client version was not upgraded when SEP 12.1 RU1 was installed.
1) Uninstall LiveUpdate from the Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2) Clear the catalog file:
- Go to Start > Run > type CMD
- Enter the following command by browsing to the following location:-
C:Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin and type the command “ lucatalog –cleanup” (Sans quotes.)
3) Reboot the machine.
4) Re-install the correct version of LiveUpdate or the latest available LiveUpdate client. See the articles below for details on obtaining the correct client.
5) Go to Start > Run > type CMD
- Type the following command by browsing to the following location:- C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin and type “lucatalog –update” (Sans quotes.)
6) Go to Start > Run and Type LUALL
This should allow LiveUpdate to run successfully and correctly update the SEPM’s content.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185071