How to block the access of Application using Symantec Endpoint Protection's Application and Device Control (ADC) policies
|Article:TECH185907|||||Created: 2012-04-05|||||Updated: 2013-06-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185907|
How to block the access of a specific Application, like vlc.exe?
Block Access of Application
- Login into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) console.
- Click Policies, and then click Application and Device Control under View Policies.
- Select the Application and Device Control policy which needs to be modified on the right-hand side.
- Click Edit the Policy under Tasks.
- In the pop-up window, click Application Control.
- Click the Add... button.
- In section of “Apply this rule in the following process” click on ADD and enter the Asterisk (*) Sign. Then Select Ok.
- Now Click on Add from Bottom
- Click on Add Condition and select the Launch Process Attempts.
- Under the Launch Process Attempts box click on ADD in the section of “Apply this rule in the following process”
- Enter the application name (eg- vlc.exe)
- Then press ok
- Go to the Action Tab in “Launch Process Attempts”.
- Select the Block Access in the “Launch Process Attempts” and check “enable logging”.
- Select Ok.
- Assign the policy to the required Group.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH185907