Unable to remotely install SEP client in SEP SBE 12.1 RU1
|Article:TECH186714|||||Created: 2012-04-18|||||Updated: 2012-07-28|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186714|
When attempting to remotely install a Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) 12.1 RU1 client from the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM), the following error is displayed when clicking on "Install protection client to computers":
There is no available client package to be deployed.
You must first import at least one package.
Symantec Endpoint Protection - Small Business Edition (SBE) 12.1 RU1
Windows Small Business Server 2011
Reinstalled SEP SBE 12.1 RU1 and restored the database of SEP SBE 12.0
1. Ran Upgrade.bat but still the same issue.
2. To install the default client packages to an existing SEPM
3. On the SEPM, open the Symantec Endpoint Protection installation CD, and go to \SEPM\Packages.
4. Copy the package files (.dat and .info) from the CD to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\packages.
5. Go to \Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\bin, and double-click Upgrade.bat.
6. Run the Client Deployment Wizard to deploy the packages to clients.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186714