Error: No recovery servers installed for this cluster.
|Article:TECH186847|||||Created: 2012-04-19|||||Updated: 2012-06-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186847|
You are trying to install a new Recover Server and even after enabling 1 new server you still get the following error message.
SMP Console has the following Error: No recovery servers installed for this cluster.
you must install at least one Recovery Server to have a working cluster.
1. Recovery server has NOT yet downloaded the package and installed it.
2. Incorrect Console Settings.
Please try the following steps.
a) Please make sure that your server i.e. Sample Recovery Server has downloaded the latest policy, config update
b) within SMP agent software Delivery Tab it should have received
cluster 'EPM.Cluster1' server install policy, version 7.1.3919 policy
on the left enable all options i.e. show expire, show internal task etc
if available, check properties & download + run history
- Possibly your server is struggling to download package or unable to run.
- Please make sure all package servers have downloaded the package for distribution.
For further troubleshooting please review the following settings/options on Recovery Server
1. SMP agent software Delivery Tab
2. review agent settings tab.
3. review install directory (default is)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Altiris\Recovery Solution\Server
4. SMP console > settings > backup & recovery > recovery > cluster Config > server rollout
what is the status for your server?
5. screenshot of any package servers indicating that they have package ready.
Name: recovery solution server installation package
6. Under install options what is the cluster name? is it available?
Settings > Agents/Plug-ins > Backup and Recovery > Recovery > Client Agents > Agent Rollout > Recovery Agent Install
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH186847