Where does the SEPM show that SEP 12.1 clients are downloading content from GUPs?
|Article:TECH187283|||||Created: 2012-04-25|||||Updated: 2012-05-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187283|
Does the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) have a log which shows when Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 (SEP) clients download content from a Group Update Provider (GUP)?
The SEPM logs the time, name, and source of any content the SEP client downloads. This includes content downloaded from GUPs. To get a centralized list of where SEP clients are downloading definitions from, follow the steps below:
- Login to the SEPM
- Click Monitors > Logs
- Set Log type to System
- Set Log content to Client Activity
- Select an appropriate time range
- Click Advanced Settings
- In Event source, type: sylink
- In Computer, type the name of the computer to filter by (if so desired). Leaving this alone will show results for all SEP clients.
- Click View Log
- Review the Description column to determine where SEP clients are downloading updates. If the SEP client is successfully downloading content from a GUP, there will be entries which read "Downloaded new content update from Group Update Provider successfully."
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187283