Redirect of an Oracle DB fails with 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.
|Article:TECH187460|||||Created: 2012-04-26|||||Updated: 2012-07-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187460|
An attempt to restore a database using redirection options fails.
Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. If the server or resource no longer exists, remove it from the selection list. Edit the selection list properties, click the View Selection Details tab, and then remove the resource.
Final error category: Resource Errors
Incorrect redirection settings on restore job.
- Prepare the target server as mentioned on http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH60371
- Login to target server where the database is intended to be restored.
- If target server is a Windows system, Open Remote Agent Utility (start->All Programs->Symantec->Remote Agent Utility) click on "Publishing" tab anb take note of the server name on "Published names for this agent".
- Back to Backup Exec console, open restore job properties.
- Click on "Oracle Redirection"
- Check "Restore Oracle instance to server"
- Type the server name as
- On Server Logon account, select the account to access that Windows/Linux resource (ie, domain\user; root)
- On instance logon account, select the account to access the instance, normally, the account used is "sys".
- Check other Oracle options if necessary.
- Run restore job.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187460