CPS Cannot Index: Warning: Server Snapshot deleted sucessfully by external source
|Article:TECH187484|||||Created: 2012-04-26|||||Updated: 2012-10-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187484|
Snapshots are being deleted before indexing can be done; thus killing any restore data.
Warning: Server Snapshot deleted sucessfully by external source: Snapshot created on [DATE AND TIME] for server [SERVERNAME] volume [VOLUME:] containing backup destination [DESTINATION] has been deleted by an external source.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008
Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Backup Exec Continuous Protection Server (CPS) 2010
Snapshots are being deleted due to Microsoft size limitations within Shadow Copies of the volume.
To view current settings related to snapshots:
- Navigate to My Computer/Computer to view the available volumes
- Right click on the backup volume CPS is trying to snapshot for indexing
- Click Properties
- Select the Shadow Copies tab
- Click on the drive in question and click Settings
- Ensure that the Maximum size: is set to a large enough size to hold the snapshots or select No Limit
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH187484