Viewing jobs for multiple servers in Backup Exec 2012
|Article:TECH188090|||||Created: 2012-05-04|||||Updated: 2012-06-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188090|
In Backup Exec 2012’s new server-centric model, you view jobs for multiple servers in the list of servers on the Backup and Restore tab instead of the Job Monitor that was in previous versions of Backup Exec.
Backup Exec 2012’s new server-centric model does not have the Job Monitor that was in previous versions of Backup Exec.
You can view the servers that you want to back up or restore in the list of servers on the Backup and Restore tab. Storage device overview information displays in the All Storage View and Reports information displays in the Reports view.
Backup Exec displays the following to enable you to monitor server activity and job status for a server:
- The name of the server.
- The active alerts for jobs on the server.
- The overall backup status for the server.
- The last 7 days of backup jobs indicator. The indicator provides a visual snapshot of the backup jobs performed the last 7 days. You can click on a specific day in the indicator to see a list of jobs that ran for the day. You can then click on a specific job to view the job log.
- The date and time of the last backup job.
- The date and time of the next scheduled backup job.
This view provides information about the servers you are backing up and the status. You can right-click the columns and select additional details that you want to display about each server in the list.
If you select any of your servers in the list, a yellow, right arrow-shaped button displays at the top right of the list of servers. This button is the Details button and you can click the button to view detailed information about the selected server. In the details view, you can view a list of jobs for the server, the job history, active alerts, credentials, and properties for the server.
In the details view, the Jobs tab lists the scheduled and active jobs. This list corresponds to the Current Jobs view on the Job Monitor in previous versions of Backup Exec.
To return to the list of servers on the Backup and Restore tab, click the Servers button at the top left of the server name.
To view details about multiple servers, do the following:
- In the list of servers on the Backup and Restore tab, press Ctrl + A or Ctrl + Click to select multiple servers.
- Do one of the following:
- If you use Backup Exec 2012, click the Details button. The button displays the number of servers selected instead of the name of a specific server.
- If you use Backup Exec 2012 SP1 or later, in the Jobs group, click View All Jobs.
Detailed information about the jobs, job history and alerts displays for all the selected servers.
You can also enable Groups and then double-click the All Servers group to view detailed information about the jobs, jobs history, and alerts without multi-selecting the names of the servers.
On the Jobs tab of the details view, backup jobs display in a tree/list view by default. You can expand each job to view additional information such as the type of backup jobs for a specific server.
If you want to select multiple jobs to run or put on hold, you should display the List view. The List view displays the items in a list that you can sort by columns. You can sort on any of the columns including the Job Type and select items of the same type to perform backup operations more conveniently.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188090