A command line upgrade to Backup Exec 2010 fails if the Backup Exec Archive Option is selected
|Article:TECH188156|||||Created: 2012-05-07|||||Updated: 2012-05-07|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188156|
If WINS is not selected in DNS on the domain controller and the Backup Exec Archive Option (BEAO) is selected, the command line installation may fail with either of the following errors:
EVRunDll.exe process has returned error code 54
EVRunDll.exe process has returned error code 259
V-225-274 : The Backup Exec Archive Option Installation has failed because there is a pending Restart Request from the Backup Exec Installation
Error: Installation failed with Error 1603. GetLastError = :0.
To allow DNS to use WINS resolution, the user must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer, or must have been delegated the appropriate authority per the following steps:
1. On the domain controller, open the DNS snap-in.
2. Under Forward Lookup Zones, right-click the domain, and then click Properties.
3. On the WINS tab, select ‘Use WINS forward lookup’.\
4. Enter the IP address of the WINS server, click Add, and then click OK.
5. Run the command line install of Backup Exec again.
The Backup Exec Archive Option Installation has failed because there is a pending Restart Request from the Backup Exec Installation.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188156