Backup to Virtual OR Physical to Virtual conversion fails with error '0xe000a432 - Failed to open the iso file'
|Article:TECH188500|||||Created: 2012-05-10|||||Updated: 2013-12-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188500|
Backup to Virtual OR Physical to Virtual conversion fails with the following error
Final error: 0xe000a432 - Failed to open the iso file.
Final error category: Resource Errors
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-42034
This may occur if the the 'Full path of VMWare Tools ISO image' is either pointing to an incorrect path or to an incorrect/corrupt ISO file.
- Click the Backup Exec button, and then select Configuration and Settings.
- Select Job Defaults, and then select Convert to Virtual.
- Make sure the path mentioned for 'Full path of VMWare Tools ISO image' is pointing to the VMWare Tools ISO image. (Figure 1)
- The path should be accessible with the default credentials.
- The ISO image is needed to make the virtual machine bootable.
- In case of CAS-MMS setup, VMware Tools ISO path should be local to the MMS in case the job is targeted to MMS.
0xe000a432 - Failed to open the iso file.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH188500