pcAQuickConnect\pcAQuickConnect.CHF is not a valid file.
|Article:TECH189097|||||Created: 2012-05-18|||||Updated: 2014-11-04|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189097|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
After upgrading to pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7, and upgrading the pcAnywhere agent plug-in on managed computers to the corresponding version 12.6.8096, an error appears when starting a remote connection.
"File is not a valid pcAnywhere file.
D:\Documents and Settings\user_name\My documents\pcAQuickConnect\pcAQuickConnect.chf"
The error may note alternate locations depending on the location of your My Documents folder and the OS that the error is seen on.
pcAnywhere Solution 12.6.7
Symantec pcAnywhere Agent 12.6.8096
pcAnywhere Box 12.5.5 1086
There are multiple possible causes:
- This issue is the result of a defect which is introduced when the pcAnywhere Plug-in for Windows - Upgrade policy runs on managed computers which already have the latest pcAnywhere Agent.
- Roaming profiles copies the profile files to each computer you login to. pcAnywhere stores some files in the profile folder and when it is copied to the next computer that the user logs into, the user can no longer launch pcAnywhere because the CHF files were locked to the first computer they were ran on. Users can only use pcAnywhere quick connect from the first computer they use, not each computer that they move to with out applying the following fix.
An updated PCAQuickconnectDll.dll is avalable and attached below to resolve this error for the pcAQuickConnect.chf. There are 2 versions of this fix one for pcAnywhere solution 12.6.7 and one for pcAnywhere box 12.5 sp4.
- Download the appropriate .zip file from below and extract the files.
- Navigate to the pcAnywhere install folder and back up the existing PCAQuickconnectDll.dll
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\pcAnywhere
- Replace the PCAQuickconnectDll.dll with the downloaded PCAQuickconnectDll.dll from below.
- Launch the pcAQuickconnect and confirm that the error is no longer seen.
For CHF files other than the pcAQuicConnect.chf the current workaround is to not use the preserve credentials option when using pcAnywhereQuickConnect and to delete any .CHF files that are noted in the error each time they occur.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189097