KNOWN ISSUE: Replication hung sending data up after applying SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v4
|Article:TECH189467|||||Created: 2012-05-23|||||Updated: 2013-02-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189467|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
After applying SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v4 (see HOWTO64413), it seems to be an issue that was introduced by this Rollup where Replication is taking longer to finish in comparison as it used to be before. Replication seems to be running for days and it keeps running and updating the progress status but it doesn't finish in a timely fashion.
Symantec Management Platform 7.1 SP2 with Rollup v4
Known Issue. The problem was introduced by a new stored procedure called 'spGetNonSystemChildOnlyRoles'.
Symantec has identified a potential issue with ITMS 7.1 SP2 v4 that may affect replication performance on very large databases.
This issue has been reported to the Symantec Development team. A permanent fix is planned for a future release.
Customers can run the command "sp_spaceused Evt_NS_Object_Replication_Status" in the SQL Management Studio to determine if the Rows field is greater than 2 million.
If it is anticipated that the Row count in this table will be less than 2 million, it is not necessary to apply the solution. Please note that this solution is specific to SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v4 only.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX:
1. Download the attached 'Pointfix_eTrack2791898_V4Replication_Tune.zip' and uncompress files from the archive to the NS hard drive.
Note: Do not place PointFix binaries within Altiris directory tree.
2. Run as administrator PFinstaller.EXE, click on ‘Install’ button
3. Old binaries will be automatically backuped to the same location where PFinstaller is and replaced with the new ones.
4. This pointfix needs to be applied in all SMPs in the Hierarchy that also have installed SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v4.
Then, when the next Replication starts it should finish with the previous speeds.
HOW TO UNINSTALL
1. Make sure that Backup folder exist in the same location as PFinstaller.EXE.
2. Run as administrator PFinstaller.EXE, click ‘Uninstall’ button
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189467