Unable to uninstall GuardianEdge Management Server
|Article:TECH189559|||||Created: 2012-05-24|||||Updated: 2012-06-01|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189559|
When you try to to uninstall GuardianEdge Management Server, you receive an error "Unable to connect to GuardianEdge Management Server database using the connection parameters provided".
Error : "Unable to connect to GuardianEdge Management Server database using the connection parameters provided".
1. Download the "Windows Cleanup Utility" from the Microsoft website.
2. Install the "Windows Cleanup Utility". This utility will remove any application from the windows installer database.
3. Run the Windows Cleanup Utility from the start menu and remove the application which you want to uninstall. In this scenario "GuardianEdge Management Server"
Note : This will only remove it from the Windows Installer database and will not show the application under Add\Remove program.
4. Backup the registry
5. In the registry search for "GuardianEdge". Delete the keys related to this.
6. Now delete the website hosted in the IIS for GuardianEdge Management Server
7. Delete all the folders under program files & startup menu.
8. Reboot the server.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189559