Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 1a Release notes
|Article:TECH189907|||||Created: 2012-05-29|||||Updated: 2012-06-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189907|
Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 1a Release notes.
This technote contains a list of known issues and enhancements resolved with Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 1a.
Service Pack 1a is a roll-up of the following Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 hotfixes:
Hotfix # : (180689) Inline
Hotfix # : (182395)
Hotfix # : (182237)
Hotfix # : (180962)
Hotfix # : (180963)
Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1a can be downloaded here (TECH186717) or under the related documents section.
- Backup 2012 will not overwrite the last or recent backup set. Unable to delete the last backup set. (TECH187957)
- Jobs disappeared from in BE 2012 Console and a warning is noticed towards the bottom left hand corner in the console The query for Job View failed" (TECH185878)
- Servers randomly disappear from the Backup/Restore tab.(TECH186464)
- The Backup Exec Job Engine service crashes intermittently while performing Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) based backup of SQL instance along with other resources on the SQL server. (TECH73720)
- Backup Exec 2012 file backups of legacy CPS folders complete successfully with no data backed up. (TECH182414)
- After upgrade to Backup Exec 2012 ODBC Catalog alerts are generated and existing NDMP agent backup sets do not appear in the the restore selections. (TECH183040)
- Bengine crash on segodbc on Backup Exec service restart.
- Backup Exec Install is not changing the ‘Disaster Recovery Data Path’ during a migration. Causes Job Engine to crash when pre-existing IDR -> SDR are run (TECH186461)
- After DL2000/DL2100 SDR, Device-Media-Service-not-starting
- Cannot create any jobs in Backup Exec 2012. The following error is seen "Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection". (TECH183286)
- During upgrade to Backup Exec 2012 the Database Migration fails with error Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'SQLHotCopyPath'. (TECH184213)
- Upgrade Migration fails with Failure 1 running migration library 1. RunSQLScript: execute sql cmd failed. sql statement: exec [mig_FixDBAgentBackupOptions]. (TECH183112)
- Upgrading from BE 2010 R3 with File Archiving option to BE 2012 gives the following error “To install File System Archiving Option you must also install the Agent for Windows.” even though all licenses are entered. (TECH184382)
- Virtual File Filter (VFF) driver does not install with Small Business (SBS) editions of Backup Exec 2012. (TECH184281)
- During upgrade to Backup Exec 2012 the Database Migration fails with error Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'ResourceName', table 'BEDB.dbo.Resource'. (TECH188512)
- Bengine Crash: possibly due to trying to opt-dupe a bad image. AddSetCopyDRContinuationSet() - Error: dblk_ptr is empty")
- DLM: Deleting backup sets is not immediately deleting the underlying media
- Running a label job on a tape doesn't reset the used capacity or capacity graphic (TECH187651)
- Unable to add remote servers and local media server missing from SERVERS section when Backup Exec 2012 is installed to a non-English SQL Instance. Error "The conversion of a varchar data type to a datetime data type of the value is out of range" (TECH183286)
- ODBC Access errors. Event ID 34338 and 34326 reported on Media Server running Backup Exec 2012. (TECH186630)
- Migration of Backup Exec database fails because a Media set exists with a record ID of 1002. (TECH185930)
- Unable to install Backup Exec 2012 on a Windows 2003 R3 Server in the Polish Language (TECH186380)
- After Upgrade/migration: Expired differential backup sets are not groomed.
- Data backed up before the failure in a backup job restarted by Check Point Restart can not be restored.
- Prevent SQLExpress install fail due to long install path.
- SQL 2005 Express setup fails with error 1402.
- SQL 2005 Express setup fails with error code 1612 or 1706.
- Backup Exec Server setup fails with - Unable to connect to SQL Server <SQL Server>.;-1
- SQL 2005 Express setup fails with error 29508
- SQL 2005 Express setup fails with error 1388
- When adding new feature/agent licensing after product was already licensed, prior licensed items become deselected and possibly put into trial mode if not corrected by the user.
- RAWS install on Windows Core machine does not create installation log
- Failure during install CDBOperation SQLInstance(null)SQLScript File=SQLUgrade13.5-2c.sql
- Do not run Live Update installer if the appropriate version of Live is already installed.
- During migration from Backup Exec 2010 a job containing multiple servers and is set to "Overwrite Media" splits into multiple jobs all set to "Overwrite Media".
- Increase the visibility of the significant paradigm changes in Backup Exec 2012 during migration.
- Live Update. When updating from a previous version of Backup Exec to 2012 SP1 Live Update doesn't un-register the previous version.
- Fix Custom report for reporting media retention of exchange data.
- Fix Storage Status on Home page doesn't always show correct statistics for disk-based storage.
- Tape Device BUFFER SIZE selected value is not saved in the UI.
- Multi-Edit: Storage targets get changed when editing jobs that target different devices.
- When expanding media sets in the Backup Exec 2012 console a "Query Failed" error is generated. (TECH180673)
- After upgrading to Backup Exec 2012 reports fail to run and generate an error The Server was unable to complete the requested Operation. (TECH185406)
- Moving RDX cartridge to different Media set in BE 2012 would not honor user request but does not give any warning message. (TECH186891)
- Restore of Exchange 2010 GRT mailbox item fails with, Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource, if Exchange is stand-alone and Backup Exec is installed on the same server. (TECH187309)
- Beserver Service crashing in serdll.dll when a Job is run after Backup Exec 2012 - Service Pack 1 is Installed (TECH190313)
- Beserver.exe is using up all available RAM(Memory) until the service is restarted in - Backup Exec 2012 (TECH189783)
- Backup Exec Server service crashes on ntdll.dll after installing Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1 (TECH190562)
- Backup Exec server service crashes 4 AM after installing Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1 (TECH190472)
- Backup Exec Server service crashes after installing Backup Exec 2012 Service Pack 1 (TECH190537)
- Improve discoverability of Jobs View in UI.
- Incremental GRT backups of Virtual machines to Deduplication Storage device are consistently running very slow. (TECH145857)
- Duplicate backup of Incremental backup set fails with an error: “0xe0009585 - Unable to open a disk of the virtual machine.” (TECH166644)
- Restore from Diff backup of a VM fails with error “Final error: 0xe0009741 - Failed to mount one or more virtual disk images. Restores that use Granular
- Recovery Technology may not be available from this backup set.” (TECH172844)
- CASO loadbalancer delegating set copy jobs to the wrong media server.
- NDMP backup job fails during verify stage with error E_PVL_UNENCRYPTED_DATA_ENCOUNTERED_WHILE_DECRYPTING ((BESTATUS 0xE0008122L) when Hardware Encryption is enabled. (TECH180951)
- NDMP Restore fails with The NDMP server returned a restore error Internal Error ndmpError = 7, internal_error = 258 (TECH159313)
- Inventory: Running inventory job while verify is running, fails the inventory job (TECH187650)
- OPTdup: Attempting to opt dup to a target device which has less capacity than the source data results in a job hang and bengine crash (TECH187696)
- Change opt-dup to be asynchronous to improve performance
- "The query for the storagearray failed" when sharing dedupe folder between multiple appliances
- CAS Server status shows "Discovering Devices" when restarting services after adding remote servers to RADA
- Server hardlocks and pdfsd is stuck in a loop (TECH187728)
- PDVFS: ValidatePDILocation : Pdvfs PDI Path still not valid after resync.(TECH179164)
- Event ID 50000 received from source PDVFS during AVVI backups with GRT (TECH161451 )
- Restore of SQL Database gives “An unknown error occurred on device "Dedupe Folder: X". V-79-57344-34029 - A hardware error occurred” if backup set is spanned and using client side Deduplication. (TECH187608)
- Failure to discover a RADA can prevent other RADA's from being discovered properly.
- SDR recovery with SDR does not restore all backup sets (TECH187714)
- SDR recovers volume layout with volume labels of garbage characters on Windows 2003 Server. (TECH183067)
- Cannot perform snapshot of multiple SQL databases with SQL 2012. (TECH187693)
- Bengine.exe crashes during incremental backups to disk using true image restore Synthetic technology (TECH187724)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH189907