Unable to access Symantec Scan Engine (SSE) administration console
|Article:TECH190413|||||Created: 2012-06-05|||||Updated: 2012-08-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH190413|
Attempting to open the SSE administration console with a web browser fails. One of the following symptoms may occur:
- Using the URL http://localhost:8004 just shows unexpected characters in the browser window (like squares)
- Using the URL http://localhost:8005 shows a blank screen
An incorrect URL is used to access the administration console.
To access the console
1. Launch a Web browser on any computer on your network that can access the server that is running SSE.
2. In a Web browser, type the following address:
The default port number is 8004.
3. If a Security Alert dialog box appears, click Yes to confirm that you trust the integrity of the applet, and then click Yes to display the Web page.
4. In the Enter Password box type the password for the administrative account.
5. Press Enter.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH190413