Errors when Launching pcAnywhere or when changing the default host to launch with windows.
|Article:TECH190695|||||Created: 2012-06-08|||||Updated: 2012-09-24|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH190695|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
There are 2 symptoms that have been seen that cause pcAnywhere to not load or close when makeing changes.
When opening the full pcAnywhere program it will not open and will report an error and close.
When enabling a host to "Launch with Windows" in the Settings of a host, the pcAywhere application will error "pcAnywhere Main Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
"An error occurred while starting of pcAnywhere. Please try to restart pcAnywhere..."
"pcAnywhere Main Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
These are known issues and an update is below.
An updated WinAw32.exe is avalable and attached below to resolve this error. There are 2 versions of this fix one for pcAnywhere solution 12.6.7 and one for pcAnywhere box 12.5 sp4.
- Download the appropriate .zip file from below and extract the file
- Stop pcAnywhere host (if running) and close pcAnywhere Manager.
- Navigate to the pcAnywhere install folder and back up the existing WinAw32.exe.
- C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\pcAnywhere
- Replace the WinAw32.exe with the appropriate downloaded WinAw32.exe from below.
- Start the pcAnywhere host (if needed)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH190695