CommandCentral 5.2 RU3 database upgrade fails but the overall upgrade shows a successfully completed.
|Article:TECH191341|||||Created: 2012-06-20|||||Updated: 2013-03-12|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191341|
CommandCentral 5.2 RU3 database upgrade fails but the overall upgrade shows a successfully completed. The result is that the CCS web console fails to load properly.
2012-06-06 15:54:56,894 [main] ERROR org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina - Catalina.stop:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
---------------------------- DBUPGRADE RESULT --------------------------
DataBase Upgrade Failed. Please check DataBase Upgrade log at location: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VERITAS\VCC\52\Dbupgrade52RU3.log". Please contact Symantec Corporation Support for more details.
If the RU3 upgrade package was successfully installed, then the database upgrade needs to be started manually.
1. Open a command window and navigate to <INSTALL DIR>\CommandCentral Storage\Support\Tools\VxCCS
2. Stop the CCS processes with the following command: VxCCS.bat stop
3. Once the processes have stopped navigate to <INSTALL DIR>\CommandCentral Storage\Tools\DbUpgrade
4. Run the following command: RunSQLScript <install path> <database dir path> <machine name>
is the directory where you installed CommandCentral program files.
database dir path
is the directory where you installed CommandCentral database.
is the host name of the Management Server.
Example: RunSQLScripts.bat "C:\Program Files (x86)\VERITAS" " C:\Program Files (x86)\VERITAS\CommandCentral Storage Data\Database " CCSW2K3X64-VM09
Depending on the size of the database, it can take several hours for the upgrade to complete. Please plan accordingly.
5. In a command window navigate to <INSTALL DIR>\CommandCentral Storage\Support\Tools\VxCCS
6. Run the following command to start the processes: VxCCS.bat start
Once all the processes have started, you should be able to navigate in the CCS console successfully.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191341