Symantec Endpoint Protection: SEP Manager Prerequisites - MS SQL 2008 Client Tools
|Article:TECH191859|||||Created: 2012-06-27|||||Updated: 2012-08-30|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191859|
The purpose of this guide is to provide information to successfully install the MS SQL client tools for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) to function properly when installed on Windows 2008.
1. Logon to the SEPM server with an administrator privileged account.
2. Browse to X:\SQL2008EE\SQLFULL_ENU
3. Run Setup.EXE. Click Continue when prompted.
4. Click Installation from the left hand menu.
5. Click New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
6. Confirm that the Setup Support Rules completed successfully.
7. Click OK.
8. Confirm the Product Key is correct and click Next.
9. Accept the license terms and click Next.
10. Click Install.
11. Confirm that the Setup Support Rules completed successfully.
12. Click Next.
13. Check the Client Tools Connectivity feature under Shared Features.
15. Click Next.
16. Confirm that the Disk Usage Summary passed and click Next.
17. This is an optional step. Confirm both checkboxes are not checked for sending data to Microsoft and click Next.
18. Confirm that the Installation Rules completed successfully.
19. Click Next.
20. Confirm the Summary is correct and click Install.
21. Confirm installation was successful and click Next.
22. Click Close.
23. Close the SQL Server Installation Center window. Task is complete.
At this point you can logoff from the server if you choose. A service restart or server reboot is not required.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191859