Unable to enumerate local drives within SSR console for backup while showing under my computer drive details
|Article:TECH191864|||||Created: 2012-06-27|||||Updated: 2012-06-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191864|
Unable to view any local drives within SSR console while trying to back it up. While local drives are visible under my Computer.
Error EC8F1780: Cannot successfully reconcile changes since last session.
Error EC8F1771: Cannot enumerate the current drives on this system.Error E0BB0147: The operation 'Snap Volume' is not currently enabled for this Volume. (UMI:V-281-3215-6016)
Windows 7 Professional Edition SP-1 (x64) only where DRVSTORE folder is not available
Symsnap not registered correctly even though it is showing under windows services and due to which the drives enumeration is not working correctly to pull the sector details within the SSR console.
To resolve this issue follow the below mentioned steps:
- Browse to the location "C:\Program Files(x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers\win64\win64-x64"
- Copy GenericMount.sys ; SymSnap.sys ;VProEventMonitor.sys and wimfltr.sys
- Now browse to the location "C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers"
- Paste and replace all of the files
- Again go to the location "C:\Program Files(x86)\Symantec\Symantec System Recovery\Shared\Drivers\win64"
- Right click on SymSnap.inf and click on install
- Once the install is finished click on reboot to complete the installation process ( This is a mandatory part to complete the installation process)
Finally all the local drives will be visible within SSR console for backup to be done.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH191864