Opening a Data Connector Import Rule times out or takes a long time to open
|Article:TECH192639|||||Created: 2012-07-09|||||Updated: 2013-01-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192639|
When using a Data Connector Import Rule that has a Data Source that performs pre-processing, such as a custom SQL query, the Import Rule times out or takes a long time to open.
Defect, Etracks 2849167, 2855049.
This issue is resolved by applying the attached point fix. This is only compatible with Data Connector 7.1 SP2 MR1.
- Copy the attached .zip file to the Altiris server.
- Uncompress the files to a temporary folder.
- Run the PFInstaller to apply the patch.
If the point fix cannot be installed, workarounds include:
- Refining the custom SQL query to be more efficient. If this takes longer than two or three minutes to finish, this may end up timing out or causing the Import Rule to take a long time to open. For example, when possible, access tables not views, especially large views such as vItem.
- Splitting up the Data Source/Import Rule to be multiple sets to limit what is being accessed at any one time. For example, Data Source/Import Rule 1 could just access a computer's Guid, Name, Serial Number, System Number, Barcode Number, and Data Source/Import Rule 2 could just access a computer's Guid, Location and cost information. This effectively should speed up each set by limiting what is being accessed by each.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192639