Users are unable to open Microsoft (MS) SharePoint Enterprise Vault (EV) archived documents with MS Office 2010 using an HTTPS connection.
|Article:TECH192789|||||Created: 2012-07-11|||||Updated: 2012-07-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192789|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
When a user attempts to open an EV archived file in MS SharePoint the document fails to open if MS Office 2010 is installed on the client. This occurs only if MS SharePoint has been configured to use the HTTPS protocol. The error presented to the user is:
The file %File Name% cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents. The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
The exact same archived files open successfully with MS Office 2007 or when using HTTP to connect to the SharePoint server.
This issue has been addressed as part of the following releases:
Option 1: Download a copy of the file.
1. Use the drop-down menu option on the file to download a copy of the file by going to Send To > Download a Copy. This will download the full file and allow it to be opened without error.
Option2: Check out the file and use the local drafts folder.
1. Use the drop-down menu option on the file to check out the file by selecting Check Out.
2. Check the option to Use my local drafts folder.
3. Click on the document to open and choose OK on the prompt.
Option 3: If available view the item in the browser. This option requires that Office Web Apps has been configured on the SharePoint server.
1. Use the drop-down menu option on the file to view in a browser by selecting View in Browser.
Note: This option will restore the archived document to the SharePoint server so that it can be viewed in the browser. If the document has not been modified it will be reverted back to an EVSTUB (archived) file on the next archiving pass without creating a new version of the file.
When opening archived items from Sharepoint 2010 with Office 2010 the error The file is corrupt and cannot be opened is presented
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192789