Error: "Installation activity creating evidence partition failed to execute" while installing Control Compliance Suite (CCS) 11.0
|Article:TECH194026|||||Created: 2012-07-30|||||Updated: 2012-08-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194026|
Error: "Installation activity creating evidence partition failed to execute" while installing Control Compliance Suite 11.0. It gives an Option to click on OK and continue with the installation.
During the installation of Control Compliance Suite 11.0, a message is displayed about the failure to create the Evidence file group on the CSM_Reports database. If creation of the evidence partition fails during installation, then there is no need to uninstall or reinstall Symantec Control Compliance Suite 11.0. You can click on OK and continue with the installation. In case the evidence partition creation fails the following happens:
- CCS automatically creates the evidence partition during the running of Collection-Evaluation-Reporting/Evaluation jobs.
- Prior to evidence storage the job checks for the existence of the evidence partition and creates it if it does not exist.
Additional information on CSM_Reports:
Evidence File Groups : Symantec Control Compliance Suite 11.0 uses an Evidence file group in the CSM_Reports database to store the evidence data. This is a new feature that is introduced in CCS 11.0.
- A separate file group is created to store evidence data.
- A new file group for evidence data is created every 90 days
- The minimum permissions needed by the Application Server Service Account to facilitate file group creation is DBO on the CSM_Reports database.
- As purge cycles start, the evidence file groups eligible for purge are deleted freeing disk space.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194026