Troubleshooting Exchange Collections Permission Issues
|Article:TECH194599|||||Created: 2012-08-08|||||Updated: 2014-08-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194599|
Exchange Collection Tasks failing to access Exchange Server and/or mailbox.
The Active Directory (AD) Explorer is a helpful tool to troubleshoot Exchange Collections permission issues.
1. Download AD explorer from Microsoft® Windows Sysinternals™ to the Clearwell server.
2. Launch AD explorer, and run it as the ESAApplicationService account. If permissions have been properly set for this account, the Exchange server and mailboxes in the AD Forest will display.
3. Logon to the Clearwell server as the Exchange Collections Source account as configured in All Cases > Collections > Sources > Exchange.
4. Stop the EsaPstCrawlerService and the EsaPstRetrieverService services. Launch Outlook to configure the mailbox and Exchange Server name. If successful access, the permissions have been correctly granted.
5. Check the security settings for the mailbox. The security settings may be preventing mailbox access. For additional information on mailbox settings, refer to the article below.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194599