Backup Exec notifications are not sent or are sporadically failing
|Article:TECH194726|||||Created: 2012-08-10|||||Updated: 2012-08-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194726|
It may be observed that notifications will be sent to some recipients but not others, or failed jobs will notify but successful jobs will not, or all notifications will cease where once they were functioning normally.
Attempt any of the following:
1. Remove any spaces between words and add an underscore (_) in the "Sender name" field under "Notification Configuration Properties". For example:
2. Change the SMTP settings to "fictional123" on port 123 and then stop and restart all Backup Exec services. Then change the settings back to "server.domain.local" on port 25.
3. Change the SMTP server name to its IP address instead of its FQDN
4. This problem can occur if the job log is set to Summary Information, directories, and files processed" Changed the job log to "summary info only" and run the backup again.
5. Remove all notification configurations from Backup Exec, and then reconfigure it once again.
6. Delete the affected jobs, and then recreate them.
7. Run BEUTIL.EXE to adjust any database inconsistencies and then re-try any of the steps above:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH194726