Archived Distribution Lists show as "Group" objects when viewed in Virtual Vault.
|Article:TECH195410|||||Created: 2012-08-22|||||Updated: 2014-04-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH195410|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
After archiving Distribution Lists, these objects display with the name "Group", which does not initially provide a differentiation between multiple Distribution Lists when viewed within Virtual Vault.
With Vault Cache\Virtual Vault enabled, archived items are added to the local cached copy of a user's archive. This data is placed in 2 locations; the Metadata Cache file (MDC) and a Content Cache (CC) file. The MDC file contains the metadata and folder structure of the archive and archived items while the CC files contain the complete item. The active Virtual Vault view within Outlook is the MDC file which does not contain all of the properties of the archived items. When viewing Distribution Lists (IPM.DistList) in Outlook, this displays the MAPI property PR_DISPLAY_NAME_W to reference the Distribution List. This MAPI property is not part of the metadata that is added to the MDC file. The result being that all Distribution Lists within Virtual Vault show as "Group".
The Cumulative Hotfix illustrated in the solution will solve this issue, if unable to apply the solution see below for a workaround.
It is necessary to change the Contacts View in Virtual Vault to the Address Cards/Detailed Address Cards View (Outlook 2007), or Card/List View in Outlook 2010. Then it is possible to add the Subject field/column, which will identify the List.
- Within Contacts, under Virtual Vault, change the Current View to Address Cards or Detailed Address Cards.
- Right-click and select Customize Current View
- Select Fields and under Select available field from, select All Mail fields.
- Under Available fields, select the "Subject" field and select Add.
- Within Contacts, under Virtual Vault, select the View tab.
- Select Change View then Manage Views...
- Select the Card or List View and Modify...
- The Card and List Views for Contacts have the option to add additional columns while the Business Card View does not.
- Select Columns and under Select available columns from, select All Mail fields.
- Under Available columns, select the "Subject" field and select Add.
- Utilizing the Card or List View will provide the Subject, which will differentiate the Distribution Lists.
This issue has been addressed as part of the following release:
Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 Cumulative Hotfix 2 Release
VV - IPM.DistList Message class objects missing Metadata (PR_DISPLAY_NAME_W) when viewed in Virtual Vault
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH195410