"Product Key" drop-down menu shows no results when creating "Install Windows OS" task
|Article:TECH196264|||||Created: 2012-09-06|||||Updated: 2012-09-06|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196264|
You have performed following configuration:
1. Added OS image to Settings->All Settings->Deployment and Migration -> OS Files
2. Added OS Volume Licenses with reference to added OS Files into Settings->All Settings->Deployment and Migration -> OS Licenses
Once above steps are completed, you attempt to create "Install Windows OS" task from Manage->Jobs and Tasks->Right click and select "new->Task".
Select Source as added OS File But it doesn't show any related OS License from "Select Product Key" drop-down menu
Symantec Management Console 7.1
Deployment Solution 7.1
Incorrect selection of OS File Package
To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings->All Settings->Deployment and Migration -> OS Files. Click "Add Files"
2. If the desired Operating System is Windows XP or Windows 2003, for 32 bit architecture you have to upload the ‘I386’ complete folder and in case of 64 bit architecture you have select ‘AMD64’ and ‘I386’ both. Whereas in case of Vista , Windows 7 and Windows 2008 server you have to select and upload ‘sources’ folder. If you add all the files from Operating System ISO then it will not provide corresponding product key from drop-down menu.
3. Import appropriate folder and select "OK"
4. Attempt to recreate "Install Windows OS" Task.
To Remove incorrect OS file from the OS Files list, please follow the steps below:
1. To remove incorrect OS File from SMP console, follow the article below:
2. To remove imported files from physical location follow the article below:
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196264