Control Compliance Suite (CCS) 11.0 LiveUpdate Configuration
|Article:TECH196321|||||Created: 2012-09-07|||||Updated: 2013-03-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196321|
CCS11 LiveUpdate workspace is empty.
1. LiveUpdate requires a CCS Maintenance License to work.
2. Enable LiveUpdate on Agents.
- Start | Programs | Symantec Control Compliance Suite | Agent Configuration
- In Configure CCS Agent, click on LiveUpdate
- Select “Enable LiveUpdate on this agent from all registered manager“
- Select “Enable LiveUpdate on this agent from selected registered manager”
- Click “Apply” and Close.
3. Configure settings in Symantec LiveUpdate applet in Control Panel.
- Go to Control Panel and Open “Symantec LiveUpdate (32-bit)”.
- In “General” tab | Select Express mode and select required sub-option or you can select Interactive mode.
- Express Mode: LiveUpdate automatically installs all the updates.
- Interactive Mode: LiveUpdate downloads a list of updates available. You can then choose which product updates you want to install.
- Configure required Proxy settings for FTP, HTTP and ISP (ISP – Dial up settings). (If you don’t use proxy to access internet, select “I do not use a proxy server….” for FTP and HTTP.)
- Click Apply and OK to close.
4. Ensure following services are running.
- Automatic LiveUpdate Service.
- LiveUpdate Service.
5. About the LiveUpdate staging location.
- The LiveUpdate client downloads the updates to the LiveUpdate staging area at the default location: %allusersprofile%\Symantec\CCS\LiveUpdateStaging
- You can modify the default staging location by creating a text file with a single line of text that contains the fully qualified path to the staging location. The file name is “LUStagingLocation.txt” and it is located in the directory: <common_app_data>\Symantec\CCS
- If LUStagingLocation.txt does not exist, cannot be read, or is empty, LiveUpdate uses the default staging location, which is: %allusersprofile%\Symantec\CCS\LiveUpdateStaging.
6. In CCS 11 Console:
- Manage | LiveUpdate
- Global Tasks | Manage Credentials | Add user for LiveUpdate
- Global Tasks | Click “Enable Updates Download.”
- Common Tasks | Click “Refresh”
- Common Tasks | Click “Check Updates” (a Full Health & Status job will run to check for new updates. Let the job finish)
- Wait for some time and refresh the LiveUpdate workspace, you should see update packages listed there.
- Once you can see update packages in LiveUpdate workspace, you can run “Deploy Updates” job (Automatic Updates Installation job).
7. Note That:
- Once you run “Automatic Updates Installation” (update Deployment) Job, It will abort all the other running jobs. So, make sure there are no other jobs running.
- A working internet connection is required on all the machines with CCS11 components if you are not using LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x (LUA 2.x).
- LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x is an optional component which will be responsible to download all kind of updates. Then all CCS Components can get update packages from LUA 2.x. This is applicable in case if direct internet connection is restricted to some of the machines where CCS Managers or Agents are installed.
- Is a firewall is blocking LiveUpdate: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH102059
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196321