The Symantec Endpoint Protection status script cannot be imported to the Endpoint Protection Management plug-in for Kaseya
|Article:TECH196429|||||Created: 2012-09-10|||||Updated: 2012-09-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196429|
When you try to import the status script for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management plug-in for Kaseya, the import fails.
One possible cause of this issue is a recent hotfix from Kaseya.
To check hotfix versions, do the following:
- On the Kaseya server, go to System > Server Management > Configure, and click Hotfix History.
If hotfix 2550 or later is installed, try the following manual procedure to resolve the issue.
- Install the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management plugin, but do not reapply the schema. If the plugin is already installed, skip this step.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to [Kaseya Root Folder]\WebPages\Install
- Open the sepScripts.xml file with Notepad or another simple file editor.
- Modify the second line of this file (ScriptExport) to include the following attribute:
The new line should look like this:
- Save the file.
- On the Kaseya server, go to System > Server Management > Configure, and click Reapply Schema.
The status script should now import properly.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196429