Bug Report: Kingston and Ironkey flash drive do not work correctly if both Full Disk and Device Control are installed.
|Article:TECH196667|||||Created: 2012-09-13|||||Updated: 2012-10-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196667|
Kingston and Ironkey flash drive do not work correctly if both Full Disk and Device Control are installed.
* IronKey will not ask for the password to unlock the drive. Additional drive letters are created after each attempt to access the drive. Files cannot be copied due to errors messages.
* Kingston: Message occurs stating “DTVault Privacy requires two free drive letters. One free drive letter () available at E:\ but an additional drive is not available. DTVault Privacy cannot operate until additional drive is available and will shut down.” No password prompt occurs in order to use the flash drive. The flash drive is unusable.
* Hewlette Packard
* Windows XP Professional SP3
* Windows 7 Professional SP1
* IronKey Flash Drive
* Kingston Secure Data Traveler Flash drives.
Symantec Endpoint Encryption -Device Control defect on version 8.2.3 and below.
Symantec Corporation is committed to product quality and satisfied customers. This issue is currently being considered by Symantec Corporation to be addressed in a forthcoming version or Maintenance Pack of the product. Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.
Code resolved in Symantec Endpointe Encryption -Device Control version 8.2.4.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH196667