Pictured Installation Guide for PGP Universal Server
|Article:TECH197003|||||Created: 2012-09-20|||||Updated: 2012-09-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197003|
A pictured installation guide for PGP Universal Server.
This could be useful in case you are unsure where to put the settings, or you want to check what awaits you prior installing the server. The screens will go through the most standard settings, no deep information provided. The screens may vary depending on your version.
If information is needed, you are welcome to read the Administrators Guide, Installation Guide for the Product version you are actually using.
Universal Server 3.2.1 - Administrator's Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5554
Universal Server 3.2.1 - Installation Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5553
Prepared Hardware according to our list of certified hardware http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH149007
Either you have the .iso mounted in the virtual machine or it was burned to a DVD which is now in the optical drive of PGP Universal Server.
1. When the first screen appears, you may press enter to choose the default method or go to the options screen to change the basic settings:
The default is "customnet", which lets you enter network-settings as well, but partition the assigned hard disk.
2. This shows a warning message, since the customnet will format the disk and data will be cleared.
3. The next screen will ask for the IP-Address in CIDR-notation. Instead you may specify the netmask as well. In this example 255.255.255.0.
4. You are prompted to enter the Gateway and DNS-Server(s).
5. Assign the hostname PGP Universal Server should use.
6. PGP Universal Server will now be installed.
7. After the installation process, PGP Universal Server will show a screen like below. The screen also refers to the web interface which we will now visit.
8. When opening the Universal Servers webpage, you should see the welcome screen.
9. Please read through the License Agreement, print it if needed and agree to it in order to continue the setup.
10. As we have a fresh install, you can follow the default selection.
Use the other settings for joining a cluster or restoring a backup.
11. Here you can specify the time zone you are in. Enter information with caution. If your communication differs greatly in time stamps, you may experience various issues.
12. Again you may check your network settings in a summary. Change it now, if you are unsure.
13. And finally you can see another summary. Go back if you need to change something.
14. Even you did not change anything, this standard screen will appear. Give the server some time to setup the appropriate services for you.
You may see this screen as well when you change network related settings in PGP Universal Server.
15. You should be redirected automatically using the DNS Name, if not you may want to access the server again via IP address.
You are now prompted to enter the License you purchased with PGP Universal Server.
16. Setup the Administrator account.
17. Select the placement of the server in your infrastructure. Refer to the Admin Guide for in-depth information. We will continue with the default.
18. Provide the mail servers address for sending the mails to.
19. This is the screen for the ignition key. This is not needed, but recommended if your servers hardware cannot be secured or it might be stolen.
It is not recommended as its careless usage can cause issues. If you do not need it, since your hardware is secure, go to step 21.
20. Here we setup a soft Ignition Key.
21. Backup the Organization Key, which will sign generated Keys and encrypt your Server Backups.
When restoring a backup from this server you need the Organization Key the Backup was encrypted to. Otherwise the Backup will not be readable.
22. And finally a summary of Setup-mode, License and other things.
23. Again, you will see the screen for changed network settings and it should be redirecting to the Login-screen
24. Login with the credentials you entered in step 16.
25. This is the new accounts welcome screen. For convenience you can find quick links to the Administrator's Guide and other guides you could be interested in.
26. There is a Training mode for fresh Administrators, the Learn-Mode is enabled. See the yellow hat on the right?
27. By clicking the yellow hat you will see this:
To disable the Learn-Mode remove the check mark and click "Save".
28. You are done. This is the System Overview of the fresh Server without Learn-Mode.
That concludes the setup. You may configure your Server with Keys, Active Directory Synchronization and so on.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197003