pcAnywhere hosts configured for conferencing will warn that they are configured for no encryption but stay at AES 256 when they are launched and connected to.
|Article:TECH197098|||||Created: 2012-09-21|||||Updated: 2013-01-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197098|
When configuring a pcAnywhere 12.5.5 host for conferencing a warning may appear that the host needs to be restarted; as the host restarts, the following error may be displayed.
Warning Disabling Encryption. Encryption is not supported for conferencing hosts.
pcAnywhere 12.5 SP4 installed on a windows OS configured to utilize conferencing.
This is a known error that has been resolved with an updated component(see below).
1. Name of the modified commponent : awses32.dll
2. Version of the modified component: 220.127.116.112 (Box),
3. Steps to apply the patch :
(1) On the host computer, stop pcAnywhere host (if running) and close pcAnywhere Manager.
(2) Browse to the Symantec pcAnywhere installed directory.
(3) Make a back up of the existing awses32.dll.
(4) Extract the attached zip file awses32.zip
(5) Replace the orriginal awses32.dll with the extracted awses32.dll
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197098