After launching the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager for the first time after installation, the following error appears: "Content within this application coming from the web site listed below is being blocked by Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration."
|Article:TECH197427|||||Created: 2012-09-27|||||Updated: 2013-05-21|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197427|
After launching the version 12.1 Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) for the first time after installation, the following error appears: "Content within this application coming from the web site listed below is being blocked by Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration."
"Content within this application coming from the web site listed below is being blocked by Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration."
After installation, the SEPM is not listed within Internet Explorer's Trusted Sites zone. Since the SEPM is run within an embedded Internet Explorer window, this causes some content of the SEPM to be blocked from running and triggers the error message described above.
This error may be resolved by adding the SEPM's hostname to Internet Explorer's Trusted Sites zone. This may be done on each computer individually or it may be done across the entire Windows domain through Group Policy. Steps for doing this across the entire domain by using Group Policy are listed below.
- Logon to an Active Directory server as a member of the Domain Admins group.
- Open Control Panel > Administrative tools > Active Directory Users and Computers
- Right-click the Domain or Organizational Unit where you want to create the GPO and click Properties.
- Click the Group Policy tab and click New.
- Type a name for the new GPO, e.g., Add SEPM to Trusted Sites Zone, and press Enter.
- Optional: To prevent the policy from being applied to some users or groups, click Properties. Select the Security tab. Add the user or group that you want to prevent from having this policy and clear the Read and the Apply Group Policy boxes in the Allow column. Click OK.
- Click the Edit button.
- Navigate through User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > Security
- Right-click Security Zones and Content Ratings in the right-hand pane and click Properties.
- Select Import the current security zones and privacy settings. If prompted, click Continue.
- Click Modify Settings.
- Select Trusted Sites and click the Sites button.
- Type the SEPM hostname, i.e., https://MY-SEPM, and click Add.
- Click Close and OK until all dialog boxes are closed and close any snap-in windows.
- Allow sufficient time for the policy to propagate throughout the domain.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197427