KNOWN ISSUE: Package servers are reaching 99% downloading and then starting over again from scratch
|Article:TECH197500|||||Created: 2012-09-28|||||Updated: 2013-02-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197500|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
Package servers are reaching a percentage of downloaded, and then starting over again. You can see packages that are old, start to download again and reach 30%, 66%, 53%, etc.
source='PackageDownload' module='AeXPackageDelivery.dll' process='AeXNSAgent.exe'
pid='3784' thread='4832' tickCount='397174110' >
<![CDATA[Download Package failed: HTTP Request Failed: An established connection
was aborted by the software in your host machine. (-2147014843)]]>
Notification Server 6.0 SP3 R13, R14
This issue has been reported to Symantec Development team.
There is a pointfix that can be used on top of NS 6.0 SP3 R14. See attached "Pointfix_eTrack2573723-3017912_6_0_R14.zip"
This pointfix is a combined one that addresses this issue as well the issue mentioned on TECH203212 "KNOWN ISSUE: Package Server not changing packages after modifying source location on Notification Server."
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX:
- Extract files from the archive to the NS hard drive. Make sure PointFix is not extracted to Altiris install directory (or any subfolder to it).
- Run Install.cmd on the SMP server to install point fix files. Make sure that you run the install script from administrator elevated cmd.exe.
The original Dlls will be backed up in the same folder where the 'Install.cmd' is located.
A registry key for this pointfix is created as reference under [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Altiris\ Pointfixes\]
Note: This step will stop and restart the NSAgent, IIS, and some NS Services.
- Run the "NS.Package.Refresh" schedule and the "NS.Package Distribution Point Update Schedule" from the Windows scheduler.
- Clone the NS Agent Upgrade Policy and enable the new policy to update the NS Agent for targeted machines.
- Clone the Windows Package Server Agent Upgrade Policy and enable the new policy to update the Package Server services for targeted machines.
HOW TO UNINSTALL THIS POINTFIX:
1. Automated uninstall of the NS Agent is not supported. See HOWTO45738 "What is the best way to cleanly uninstall the Symantec Management Agent to leave no remnants (or the bare minimum) behind?"
1. New Agent Package is created & Agent version is ‘6.0.2435’.
2. New Package Server package is created & Agent is ‘6.0.1510’.
Package servers are reaching 99% downloading and then starting over again from scratch
Package Server not changing packages after modifying source location on Notification Server.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197500