Android devices enroll with mobile device management but Device Management options are Missing
|Article:TECH197856|||||Created: 2012-10-04|||||Updated: 2012-10-23|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197856|
Enrollment of the device completed sucessfully but on the Andriod device logs we keep on getting this error "Java.net.unknownhostexception: Unable to resolve host <URL of MDM> No address associated with hostname". and on the console when we select right click on the device the various Device Management Command options to Lock, Set Passcode, Wipe,Update Policy are missing.
Java.net.unknownhostexception: Unable to resolve host <URL of MDM> No address associated with hostname
Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 MR 1
Java is Missing on the MDM server.
There are two parts towards the solution of this problem.
1. Install the Java from the Orcale Web site on the MDM and SMP server.
2. Delete the device from the console, refresh the console/
3. Restart the Device and re-enroll the Device Make sure when device asked you to make Mobile MGMT as administrator do click activate.
3. Refresh the console and check in the SMP console Mobile Management>>Manage Mobile Device.
4. Select the Device right Click now it will start showing all the options of Device Management.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197856