Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange (SMSMSE) 6.5.8 does not detect "Attachment Content" filtering violations
|Article:TECH197965|||||Created: 2012-10-05|||||Updated: 2012-10-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197965|
A content filtering rule is configured to detect certain terms within Attachment Content with SMSMSE 6.5.8, but when an attachment is sent containing one or more of the defined terms, the content filtering rule does not trigger as expected.
- The message is formatted as a .eml.
- The build of SMSMSE installed on the server is 6.5.8.
An update to the content filtering component of SMSMSE in the 6.5.8 build caused problems with the attachment content scanning of .eml formatted emails.
Symantec is aware of this issue. This document will be updated once a solution is available.
Apply the attached hotfix file to fix the root cause of this issue.
To apply the hotfix:
- Download the attached file formats.ini to each server running the 6.5.8 build.
- Replace the existing formats.ini located in <install drive>\Program Files\Symantec\SMSMSE\6.5\Server\Verity\bin directory.
- Restart the Symantec Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange service.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH197965