Android App Center installation failure
|Article:TECH198044|||||Created: 2012-10-08|||||Updated: 2013-09-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198044|
When installing the Android App Center on a mobile device the following error is displayed and the application fails to install.
"There is a problem parsing the package."
This applies to version 3.0 and 3.1 of Symantec App Center.
All versions of Android up to 4.1 Jellybean.
RHEL/CentOS 5.5-5.8 64-bit.
This error is displayed when there is a problem with the ADA package that is downloaded. Some causes include the following possibilities.
- A numeric tenant name was used which would result in an invalid Java package name.
- The ADA .apk file may be corrupted because of an error during the branding or download process.
- The device or server ran out of disk space.
- There can also be issue with the text or icon that has been chosen for branding.
1. Numeric tenant names will not work to wrap android apps due to a limitation on the Java package name. If a tenant name is numeric a replacement will need to be created.
2. The ADA .apk file needs to be downloaded again from a stable connection.
3. The free disk space on either the server or the device needs to be increased.
4. Verify that the java version installed on the App Center is 1.6.31.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198044