Internal Error 2755. 1632 while installing PGP desktop.
|Article:TECH198461|||||Created: 2012-10-17|||||Updated: 2012-11-05|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198461|
When attempting to install PGP Desktop, you receive the error below and you are unable to install the software on a Windows 7 64-bit client computer.
Internal Error 2755. 1632
The NTFS file system permissions for the Administrators group or the System account no longer exist for the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder.
To resolve this issue, reset the NTFS permissions for the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder to include both the Administrators group and the System account:
1. In Windows Explorer, right-click the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder, and then click Properties.
Note: The %SystemRoot%\Installer folder has hidden system attributes. To view the %SystemRoot%\Installer folder:
- On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
- Under Advance Settings, browse for Hidden Files and Folders and select Show hidden files and folders.
- Click to clear the Hide protected operating system files check box, and then click OK.
2. In the %SystemRoot%\Installer Properties dialog box, click the Security tab and verify the following permissions:
- Administrators group - Full Control
- Everyone group - Read and Execute, List Folder, Contents and Read
- System account - Full Control
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198461