A Restart Power Control task is not completed because a Task Server is changed after a client is rebooted
|Article:TECH198546|||||Created: 2012-10-18|||||Updated: 2012-11-03|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198546|
A Power Control task is not completed because a Task Server is changed after a client is rebooted as follows.
Example environment and scenario:
There are 2 Task Server. Task Server 'A' is on NS and Task Server 'B' is on Site Server.
- Create a Restart Power Control task.
- Run the task to a client which is registared to Task Server 'A'.
- The client is restared and is registared to Task Server 'B' after restared
- The task is not completed due to the Task Server chagne.
This issue was reported on ITMS 7.1 SP2 with SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v3.
This issue has been reported to Symantec Development team. A fix for this will be available for a later release.
Currently there is a pointfixfor this issue.
If you have currently installed SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v3, please use "Pointfix_eTrack2835515_7_1_SP2_v3.zip" attached to this KB.
Steps to install:
1. Extract file "Pointfix_eTrack2835515_7_1_SP2_v3.zip"
2. As Administrator, run the "PFInstaller.exe". It will apply the necessary files and update the registry with the pointfix information.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198546