A Restart Power Control task is not completed because a Task Server is changed after a client is rebooted
|Article:TECH198546|||||Created: 2012-10-18|||||Updated: 2014-02-20|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198546|
A Power Control task is not completed because a Task Server is changed after a client is rebooted as follows.
Example environment and scenario:
There are 2 Task Server. Task Server 'A' is on NS and Task Server 'B' is on Site Server.
- Create a Restart Power Control task.
- Run the task to a client which is registared to Task Server 'A'.
- The client is restared and is registared to Task Server 'B' after restared
- The task is not completed due to the Task Server chagne.
This issue was reported on ITMS 7.1 SP2 with SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v3.
Note: This issue resurfaced in 7.1 sp2 mp1 v7 and is targeted to be fixed in 7.1 sp2 mp1 v10.
This issue has been reported to Symantec Development team. A fix for this will be available for a later release.
Currently there is a pointfixfor this issue.
If you have currently installed SMP 7.1 SP2 Rollup v3, please use "Pointfix_eTrack2835515_7_1_SP2_v3.zip" attached to this KB.
Steps to install:
1. Extract file "Pointfix_eTrack2835515_7_1_SP2_v3.zip"
2. As Administrator, run the "PFInstaller.exe". It will apply the necessary files and update the registry with the pointfix information.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198546