In-house Developed Applications Do Not Install From Mobile Library
|Article:TECH198568|||||Created: 2012-10-18|||||Updated: 2013-10-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198568|
In-house developed applications for iOS do not install on the iOS device. You click the Install button but it just sits as "Installing..." Nothing seems to happen.
Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 SP1
Apple iOS 5, 6
In-house build of the iOS Mobile MGMT Agent version x.0.4646 or later
There is an issue introduced in 7.2 SP1 in the URL override settings for the Mobile Library when used with a Reverse Proxy server. This prevents the correct download URLs from being sent to the iOS device.
Symantec has released a pointfix for this issue. It only applies to environments with an In-House build of the Mobile Management Agent and a Reverse Proxy.
Installation on the Mobile Management Server (site server):
- Download and extract the attached zip file.
- Stop the "Symantec iOS Command Service".
- Make a backup the following files:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\NTServices\iOSCommandService.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\iosServices\bin\MobileLibraryProxy.dll
- Copy the new iOSCommandService.exe to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\NTServices\"
- Copy the new MobileLibraryProxy.dll to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\iosServices\bin\"
- Delete all .plist files from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Mobile Management\iosServices\plisttemp"
(note: if desired, all files may be deleted from this folder - it's a local cache for performance, all files will get re-cached as needed)
- Start the "Symantec iOS Command Service".
Close the Mobile MGMT Agent on the device and re-open it, to refresh the Mobile Library item list. Attempt installation of the App again.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198568