Mobile Management Agent for Android can not be uninstalled from the device
|Article:TECH198627|||||Created: 2012-10-19|||||Updated: 2013-10-27|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198627|
The Mobile Management (Mobile MGMT) agent for Android devices has been successfully installed on a device, but attempts to uninstall it show the Uninstall option as disabled.
Symantec Mobile Management 7.2 and later (with Android agent support)
Symantec Mobile Management for SCCM 7.2 and later
Mobile MGMT agent for Android 1.0.4541 and later
When the Mobile Management agent is installed to the device, it is granted Administrator access to allow it to install and manage the device. This prevents it from being uninstalled or force stopped.
These instructions could vary based on the model of Android device used, and the version of the operating system. Check with the device documentation for specific instructions.
- Open the Settings on the device.
- Go to Security > Device Administrators.
- Deselect the checkbox listed next to Mobile MGMT.
- Agree to the warning and Deactivate the agent.
- Go to the Apps menu and select Mobile MGMT.
- The option to uninstall the agent will now be available.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198627