Cleanup Script for Storage Foundation for Windows and High Availability Solutions 6.x
|Article:TECH198659|||||Created: 2012-10-19|||||Updated: 2014-07-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198659|
The attached scripts are to be used when normal uninstallation of the product via the Windows Programs and Features interface is not possible. This method of removal is intended to be used as a last resort method of uninstall and should not be used as a replacement for the normal uninstall procedure.
You can use the attached cleanup.bat script to remove the following products:
- Storage Foundation and High Availability Solutions (version 6.0 to 6.1)
- Symantec Cluster Server for Windows (version 6.0 to 6.1)
- Symantec Dynamic Multi-Pathing for Windows (DMPW) (version 6.0 to 6.1)
The cleanup.bat script performs the following actions:
- Cleans up all SFW, SFW HA, VCS for Windows, or DMP related packages that are currently installed on a system.
- Deletes all installed files, directories, registry keys and Windows Programs and Features entries for all the related installed packages.
When to use this script?
Symantec recommends that you uninstall the product using the Windows Programs and Features "Uninstall or change a program" user interface.
Use the cleanup script only in case of an incomplete or a failed product uninstallation.
Please read the Cleanupscript_readme.txt carefully before use.
This script asks for a confirmation to remove common infrastructure components used by Symantec products. Select "NO (N)" for these components if you have other Symantec/Veritas products on the server that do not need to be removed.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH198659