When opening the "Migrate Helpdesk 6 Incidents" wizard, Error "Invalid Portal Permissions" appears
|Article:TECH199274|||||Created: 2012-11-01|||||Updated: 2012-11-16|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199274|
When opening the "Migrate Helpdesk 6 Incidents" wizard, an error occurs. To reproduce this error:
1. As admin, open the the "Migrate Helpdesk 6 Incidents" wizard
2. You immediately get an error "Invalid Portal Permissions" 3. The error says to open Admin>Users>Accounts>List Permissions>ServiceDesk Portal. When I look at the user firstname.lastname@example.org in Admin>Users>Accounts>Manage Permissions>Catagory: ServiceDesk - there were not any permissions enabled 4. Even after trying to enable the 2 migration permissions in the list & restarted server extensions & iis, the error still occurs
Error "Invalid Portal Permissions"
An invalid database setting.
To resolve this issue, follow the steps below:
-- BEFORE ATTEMPTING MIGRATION --
1. Download the attached file to your Servicedesk Server.
2. Extract the files into a folder.
3. Stop IIS on your Servicedesk Server.
4. Now, open your database and find the table names "ImHd6MigratedIncident".
5. Change the datatype of the Resolution field from its default type of nvarchar(254) to nvarchar(max).
6, From the attached files, copy the "Symantec.Servicedesk.Im.Core.dll" file into the ...\Program Files\Symantec\Workflow\Shared\customlib folder.
7. Restart IIS
8. Run both the Sd.IncidentMigrationWizard.Setup.exe and the SD>MonitorMigratedIncidents.Setup.exe
9. The fix is now in place.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199274