Symantec Endpoint Encryption Manager 8.2.1 Invalid object name ‘dbo.GEMSDeploymentKeys’ error during upgrade or clean install
|Article:TECH199668|||||Created: 2012-11-13|||||Updated: 2013-09-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199668|
While performing an upgrade or a clean install you see the following error message: Invalid object name ‘dbo.GEMSDeploymentKeys’ and cannot continue the installation.
Invalid object name ‘dbo.GEMSDeploymentKeys’.
The error occurs during an upgrade or a clean install when a Symantec Endpoint Encryption Database is present.
1. There is already a encryption database (SEEMSDb) in the SQL instance.
2. You are trying to perform an upgrade and the credentials that you are using are incorrect.
3. The name of the database that you are providing is incorrect.
1. If you are performing a clean install check the SQL instance for any entry of SEEMSDb or GEMSDb. If you find an existing SEE SQL database during a clean install it will need to be deleted. Note: This is only in a situation where you are performing clean install. During an upgrade make sure to backup the database first.
2. If you are performing an upgrade and you see this error verify that the database name and credentials are correct.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199668