KNOWN ISSUE: Search for Primary Contact search field always displays initial search string in Advanced Feeder Form
|Article:TECH199721|||||Created: 2012-11-14|||||Updated: 2012-11-14|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199721|
When searching for a user in on the Technician Advanced form the search field always displays the initial search string when the window was opened. If you change the search string and initiate another search upon refresh the search results are correct, but the search string reverts back to the initial string.
The search string field is configured to always use the initial value it was passed when the form opened. This is needed in order for the search criteria from the parent form to be passed into the Search User window.
Please follow the steps below to modify the Search for Primary Contact behavior to properly keep the modified search string criteria.
- Open Tech Feeder.
- Open Create Incident form builder.
- Double Click on the magnifying glass after search user to edit the manage primary contact subdialog.
- Go to User Interaction tab.
- Open the forms model here by clicking on ellipsis.
- On the Search path out of the Manage Contacts Form add a Copy Data Element to New Location component. (see screenshot 1)
- Configure component as shown in screenshot 2 below.
- OK all the way out.
- Debug to confirm that changing the search parameter when in subdialog now sticks when results are returned.
- Save and publish.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199721