Symantec Management platform slow console README
|Article:TECH200276|||||Created: 2012-11-29|||||Updated: 2012-11-29|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200276|
The Symantec Management platform web-console is much slower than expected.
Symantec Management Platform, 7.x
This normally happens on system with a certain workload attached - so a test or pre-production server with similar configuration and lower specification would run perfectly fine.
There are 3 mains causes to slow SMP web-consoles:
- IIS Worker process memory overload (w3wp.exe memory is > 1.0GiB, CPU is at 75~100% usage)
- CRL checks are causing signicant delay loading CLR assemblies (profiler trace show large delay in InitCommitHandler)
- The Task Server running on the SMP has too many clients (> 100)
Here are the 3 articles that you should read and keep in mind whenever dealing with new environment or slow web-consoles:
- HOWTO82344: How to implement custom application pools on the SMP to improve web-console performance
- TECH193594: Resolving the Certificate Revocation List (CRL) lookup performance issue
- HOWTO48411: Best Practice: Managing Task Server Communications in 7.0 and 7.1 (see Question and Answer 5)
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200276