Testing AD Synchronization
|Article:TECH200812|||||Created: 2012-12-13|||||Updated: 2012-12-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200812|
In situation where you need to test the AD Synchronization and to verify the proper functioning of Active Directory synchronization service.
Perform the below steps to verify proper functioning of Active Directory synchronization.
1. Create a new computer object in Active Directory.
2. Access the Symantec Endpoint Encryption database using the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (part of
an optional install of tools for SQL Server 2005) using system administrator-level privileges, and verify that the
newly created computer object in present in the dbo.ADComputers table of the SEEMSdb database.
3. Delete the new computer you just created.
4. Either wait for synchronization to occur, or force synchronization to take place using the Configuration Manager.
5. Using Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, verify that the newly created computer object has been deleted
from the dbo.ADComputers table of the SEEMSdb database.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200812