Backup Exec Remote Agent crashes during VMware backups
|Article:TECH200972|||||Created: 2012-12-18|||||Updated: 2012-12-18|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200972|
|NOTE: If you are experiencing this particular known issue, we recommend that you Subscribe to receive email notification each time this article is updated. Subscribers will be the first to learn about any releases, status changes, workarounds or decisions made.|
When attempting to backup virtual machines using the Agent for VMware, the Backup Exec Remote Agent may crash on the Backup Exec server.
Application log error:
Application Error 1000
Faulting application name: beremote.exe, version: 13.0.5204.127, time stamp: 0x4fede3eb
Faulting module name: vddkWrapper.dll, version: 13.0.5204.129, time stamp: 0x508157b5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000003d61f
From the Crash dump when analyzed:
- Stop the Backup Exec services on the Backup Exec sever
- Set the following registry keys to a value of "0"
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Vmware Agent\Enable Buffered Reads
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIEN\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Vmware Agent\Enable Buffered Writes
- Start the Backup Exec Services
Please be sure to refer back to this document periodically as any changes to the status of the issue will be reflected here.
beremote crashes on vddkWrapper!vddkWrapper::PutDiskCacheBuffer+ef
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH200972