Sites and subnets take minutes to populate when loading
|Article:TECH201013|||||Created: 2012-12-19|||||Updated: 2012-12-19|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201013|
When navigating sites and subnets, expanding any of the left pane causes a delay in the information being displayed by several minutes. It makes it difficult to work with the interface.
The customer has well over 90 encompassed subnets. What the profile trace shows is that the NS is getting scopemembership
(spGetTrusteeScopeCollectionMembersbyResourceTypeGuid for each encompassed subnet and runs this exact query once for each encompassed subnet and each query is taking 1-2.5 seconds to complete.
No errors or notifications are displayed in the logs.
ITMS 7.1 Sp2 v4
The issue is that most pages that lists all the subnets is that it gets the list of subnets and then does a complete Item load for each subnet.
Additionally within the tree the security of all subnets is rechecked at each node of the subnet tree. Given the large number of subnets that would be
expected in enterprise environments, this simply does not scale. There really is no SQL that can be improved other than to fix the code to not repeat work
that has already been done.
Pointfix #2951830 has been created for this.
HOW TO INSTALL THIS POINTFIX
1. Retrieve files from the archive to the NS hard drive. Make sure PointFix is not extracted to Altiris install directory (or any subfolder to it)
2. Run as administrator PFinstaller.EXE, click on ‘Install files’ button
3. Old binaries will be automatically backuped to the same location where PFinstaller is and replaced with the new ones.
How to Uninstall
- Make sure that Backup subfolder is located in PFinstaller’ directory
- Execute PFInstaller.exe with administrative privileges (right-click > Run as administrator).
- Accept UAC (User Account Control) prompt, select Uninstall Files.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201013