Custom resources cannot be found in the Symantec Management Platform Console
|Article:TECH201505|||||Created: 2013-01-09|||||Updated: 2013-01-25|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201505|
A custom resource has been created under Settings > All Settings > Notification Server > Resource and Data Class Settings > Resource Types, however, this cannot be found to be viewed or edited anywhere in the Symantec Management Platform Console.
Custom resources must be explicitly added for use into the Symantec Management Platform Console before they can be viewed or edited. Check the following areas that may have been missed to ensure that these are correctly added.
Configuration Items (CMDB/Asset)
Custom resources must be manually added to the views to be used by adding new Resource Type Links (but not by modifying the views directly).
- In a Symantec Management Platform Console, click on the Home button > Service and Asset Management > Manage Configuration Items.
- Click to expand the Manage Configuration Item folder and its sub-folders to where the custom resource is to be added to, such as to the Computers and Peripherals folder.
- Right click on the folder for where the custom resource is to be added to and choose New > Resource Type Link.
- From the Select a Resource window, find and click on the name of the custom resource.
- Click on the OK button. The custom resource should now appear under the selected folder from step 3.
- Repeat the above instructions, but this time while in Manage > Assets > Manage Configuration Items, to where the same folder was used from step 3. Otherwise, the custom resource will only appear in one of the two views. Note: These steps will also be needed in the custom resource is expected to appear in any other view.
Organizational Views and Groups (Core)
Organizational Views and Groups, by default, do not show all resources. Other types not shown, including custom, must be manually added.
- In a Symantec Management Platform Console, click on the Manage button > Organizational Views and Groups.
- Click on the "Default" Organizational View.
- In the top right of the Symantec Management Platform Console, click on the Filter button.
- Find and click to select (checkmark) the custom resource to add.
- Click on the OK button.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201505