Licensing the Deployment Solution 6.9 Console by hand
|Article:TECH201556|||||Created: 2013-01-10|||||Updated: 2013-01-10|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201556|
Difficulty applying licenses. Licenses are not applied when using the Licensing Utility.
License count does not update when adding licenses.
Deployment Solution 6.9.
TSE's'low these steps:
- Obtain the file eXpress.exe from the customer, along with the .LIC file.
- Rename the old eXpresss.exe for safe keeping.
- Swap the eXpress.exe on the TSE's computer with the one from the customer.
- Register product at Symantec using the licensing utility. This modifies the executable to add licenses.
- Send the eXpress.exe back to the customer.
- Move that eXpress.exe back to the original location on the customer's computer.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH201556